Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Software Engineer's Feelings...

Nice one, please take the time and read it.... Time gone by are times that
never come again there are not many second chances to take...

A Software Engineer's feelings.....

It was raining heavily outside. Dark clouds gathered in the sky and
nature was in its ominous best. I took a break from my work and went
to the pantry to grab a cup of coffee. I had a sip and went near the
window to see the rain pouring down heavily outside the glass
structure. I was inside our huge office building, unruffled by even
the fierceness of the nature.

Through the heavy transparent glass, I could see a small girl trying
to hold on to her umbrella which the wind was snatching away from her.
I felt sorry for the girl, and was happy that I was not in a similar
pathetic situation. Yes. I take pride for the fact that I am a
software engineer.
I have everything which a common man would envy; money, status,
respect, you name it I have it. I always wanted to be software
professional and here I am, working for one of the best firms in the
world. But then, am I really happy? Now, I could see an imprint of my
palm on the other glass window, through which I reminisced my past,
basked in the warmth of the sun shine.

My childhood was so much of fun. I vividly remember those rainy days,
when I hugged my mother tightly during sleeping listening to all the
stories told by her. Now, I have a big house here, but then it is just
a house, not a home. My parents are pretty far away from me now. I
have a cell phone to talk to them everyday, but then I really miss
those dinners which I had with my family everyday. I could easily
afford to taste all the different cuisines these days, but the best of
food there, lack the love and affection which is present in the food
prepared by my mother.

I threw a lavish party for my colleagues for my birthday, but then
they would never replace the birthdays when my friends secretly
brought a cake and at the end, half of the cake would have ended up on
my face. The couple of hundred bucks that u save for a long period
just to give a treat to your friends in the road side chat shop can
never give the pleasure even after spending a few thousand bucks these
days.

The scene of me crying and refusing to have dinner on the day when I
fought with my best friend came to my mind. Today, she has gone far
away from me, taking away my love and with it my life, but I am
sitting and coding here with a false smile on my face. Everyday I meet
new people, but then I long ceased to make a new friend.

It's true that I have a lot of things now. I have a nice bed, but no
time to sleep. Lots of money, but no friends to spend it with. The
latest designer clothes, but a worn out body . Quite a few to flirt,
but no one to love. Awards for technical excellence, but no reward for
the crave for peaceful ambience. A confident demeanor, but a reluctant
and apathetic mind. Full of rain, but no sunshine even in the farthest
distance.

Now, I could see the small girl on the road enjoying in the rain with
her umbrella firmly in her grip. She might not have all the comforts
which I have, but then she has the innocence and fun which I lost a
long time back.

I have decided to come out of this false fantasy, even if it is at the
expense of losing the tap of the software engineer. I am going to
again enjoy my life. I am going to go out in the rain and play with
the small kid now. I removed my tie, and went near my computer to shut
it down. Just then, I saw a new mail alert in my mail box. I slowly
opened outlook and I found a message from my manager with an
attachment saying that there was a critical defect in the code and I
have to fix it soon. I convinced myself that I am not going to get
bogged down again by these pressures and stick to my decision. I
ignored the mail and went to the rest room. After a couple of minutes,
the software engineer in me came out, his shirt tucked in with the
perfect tie knot, sat before the computer, and started typing,

Hi XYZ,
I am looking into the defect and will send the patch files before EOD.
Regards,
Software Engineer.

Excellent right!!!!!!!

received via email

2 comments:

thebloggernextdoor said...

finally kartik senti kha gaya?? nice one tho.. very true.. few yrs down the line we'll be able to relate perfectly to this, i guess..

Unknown said...

Very Well Written...